Marble floors and floor tiles are unfortunately not as impermeable as you would expect. Although marble is a firm stone, there are products that can harm it. For spot cleaning your marble floor tiles, a damp sponge and a small amount of washing up liquid should be all that you need. You can purchase a professional marble polishing kit. However, they are expensive and you can polish your marble floor tiles just as effectively with items you have at home. You do not need to polish your marble floor tiles on a weekly basis; you can simply polish it when it begins to look dull.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 3 tbsp baking soda
- Small bucket
- Clean, soft cloth
- White chalk
Mix 3 tbsp baking soda with 1 litre (1 qt) warm water in a small bucket.
Dip a clean, soft cloth in the mixture and wring the cloth out until it is just wet.
Wipe the marble floor tiles with the baking soda and water mixture.
Allow the floor to dry for at least two hours.
Wipe the marble floor tiles with clean water.
Dry the marble floor tiles with a clean, soft cloth.
Crush a piece of white chalk into a fine powder. You'll use this to give the floor a quick shine.
Dip a damp clean cloth into the crushed chalk. Depending on the size of your room, you may need more than one piece of crushed chalk.
Rub the damp chalk-covered cloth across the marble tiles. Overlap your strokes until you have an even layer of chalk across the marble floor tiles.
Allow the floor to dry.
Rinse the marble floor tiles with fresh, clean water.
Dry the marble floor tiles completely with a soft, clean cloth.
Tips and warnings
- Use dust mops to avoid scratching your marble floor tiles; brooms have sharp edges that can harm the marble floor.
- Use area rugs or furniture protectors to avoid scratching your floor.
- Do not leave water standing on your marble floor tiles; wipe up any spills as soon as possible.
- Do not use acidic cleansers such as vinegar or highly abrasive cleansers on your marble floor tiles.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for