Proper skin care, before and after shaving, makes a big difference in your skin's appearance and health. Whether you're shaving your face, legs or the bikini area, moisture helps your skin recover more quickly from a shave and also helps reduce skin irritation. Always use a moisturiser for sensitive skin and one made specifically for use after shaving as this type will add moisture and soothe the skin at the same time.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Aftershave moisturising balm
- Fragrance-free body butter
Pat skin dry with a clean towel after shaving and rinsing off shaving cream.
Massage aftershave moisturising balm into facial skin while your skin is still moist. Apply the moisturising balm with your fingertips, and rub it in gently without pulling the skin. Aftershave balm puts important moisture into the facial skin while soothing irritation from shaving.
Rub fragrance-free body butter into the skin on your legs, armpits or around the bikini area after shaving. Moisturising the skin with a thick body butter, such as shea butter or cocoa butter, is soothing and moisturising to just-shaved skin. Avoid using fragrant moisturisers as the fragrance can irritate the skin and cause it to feel a burning or stinging sensation.
Tips and warnings
- Shave your face, legs or bikini area with a moisturising shaving cream. Change razor blades often for a close shave.
- Avoid using alcohol-based products after shaving as they sting and dry out the skin.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for