The replaceable maintenance tanks for Epson Stylus Pro 4000, 7600 and 9600 printers consist of 11 pads in a plastic container that absorb the extra ink that is released from the printer during printer charging and cleaning. The Epson 9880 has two ink maintenance tanks, one on each side. The ink maintenance tanks fill faster when you change from matt and photo ink frequently. Typically, ink maintenance tanks should be replaced after ink cartridges have been changed four times. It is not possible to reuse cartridges, because they have a microchip sensor that prevents reuse. The cartridge can hold 180ml to 215ml of ink before it needs to be changed.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Replacement ink maintenance tank
- Plastic bag that can be sealed (optional)
Check the LCD message if your printer stops. The LCD reads "Maintenance tank near full" or "Maintenance tank full" if the tank needs to be changed.
Wait for your printer to finish its current operations, including any printing. Your printer will say "Ready" or "Paper out" when it is all right to work on it. Turn your printer off, if you wish, while installing the replacement maintenance tanks.
Look at your LCD screen to determine which tank is full and needs to be replaced, if you have a two-tank printer.
Open the replacement tank and pull out the plastic bag included in the packaging. Set the tank aside while you pull the full tanks from the printer.
Prepare the bag or bags used for disposal of full tanks. Make sure they are close to you and open so you don't spill any ink.
Pull the handle that is located at the bottom of the maintenance tank. Remove the used tank from the printer, being careful not to spill ink. Place the used tank in a plastic bag you prepared earlier.
Gently insert the new, clean tank. Perform the same operation on the other side of the printer if it has two tanks. Restart the printer if you had turned it off.
Tips and warnings
- Keep a spare ink maintenance tank available, because once your tank is full, your printer will not print until the tank is changed. If you have the 9880 or another model with two tanks, the tanks are interchangeable and should be swapped when one is about half full. This creates a more equal distribution.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for