Vicks warm mist humidifiers are recommended for relief from allergies, asthma, or cold and flu symptoms. The purpose of a humidifier is to properly humidify the room to help loosen congestion and soothe a sore throat. This is especially important in children, as their airways are smaller than adults and get congested more quickly. Vicks humidifiers make it is easier to regulate the humidity level in your house and therefore are highly recommended when the air is dry, such as in the cold winter months. In addition, some Vicks humidifiers, such as the warm mist humidifier, come with medicine cups for menthol treatments. Menthol treatments can increase moisture as well as provide extra comfort.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Vicks warm mist humidifer
- Vicks VapoSteam or Kaz Inhalant
- 1 gallon water
Read the directions to your Vicks humidifier and assemble as instructed. Place the humidifier on a flat, firm, heat resistant, nonmetallic and waterproof surface. In addition, make sure the humidifier is on a surface from which it cannot fall and at a safe distance from other objects.
Remove the water tank of the humidifier from the base and turn it upside down and unscrew the tank cap. Fill the water tank with cold tap water and put the cap back on securely. Turn the tank back into the upright position and make sure there are no leaks.
Verify that the water tray and cooling chamber of the humidifier are interlocked into place and put the water tank on top into its position.
Turn the power switch to the "OFF" position. Plug the power cord into the wall outlet.
Place Kaz Inhalant or Vicks VapoSteam into the removable medicine cap.
Turn the humidifier on to the desired "Hi" or "Low" position. A night light will also turn on.
Direct the mist away from any objects or walls. If condensation forms in the room, open a door to decrease the humidity level.
Turn the humidifier to the "OFF" position when finished or before refilling the water tank. The humidifier should last for 12 hours at a time. Unplug the power cord from the outlet if completely finished using the humidifier.
Tips and warnings
- Do not operate the humidifier when the water tank is empty. Do not operate the humidifier with the water tray, cooling chamber or medicine cap not in its proper place.
- When dealing with any electronics and outlet, be careful of using wet hands when plugging in the device as this can cause an electric shock. In addition, keep the humidifier and power cord out of reach of children.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for