ATI is a popular brand of computer graphics cards ranging from basic cards for average users to high end cards capable of running the most taxing computer games and applications. If you are considering purchasing a new computer game or other application that requires graphics, it is important to determine what graphics card you have to ensure that your system will be able to run the application.
- Skill level:
Click "Start," type "dxdiag" into the search box and press "Enter."
Click the "Display" tab.
Note the information listed under "Device." Information such as your card name/model, manufacturer, chip type and approximate video memory will be listed here.
Click "Start," right click "Computer" and click "Manage."
Click "Device Manager" and then double click "Display Adapters."
Right click on your ATI graphics card in the list and choose "Properties." Basic information about the card will be displayed in the device properties window under the "General" tab.
Tips and warnings
- AMD and Nvidia are the most popular manufacturers of high end video cards.
- AMD offers driver downloads for ATI cards.
- Certain ATI cards have "CrossFire" support that allows a computer to use multiple video cards.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for