You downloaded a movie from the Internet and now you want to view it on your new wide screen television to get the full effect, but you don't know where to begin. You must have all the right equipment. You will need a video card with an output option and all the appropriate cables. Hook up your hardware and you'll be able to watch those movies from your external hard drive.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Computer with video out capability
- Television with either VGA, DVI, HDMI or S-video input
- Appropriate video cable to connect your TV and computer
Turn off your computer and turn on your television. You will need an adaptor cable that has the correct connections for your computer and your TV. The type of cable will be determined by the output options on your computer and the input options on your TV. Plug the video cable into the computer, and attach the other end to your television set. Turn on your computer and allow it to recognise the external monitor.
Go to "Control Panel," then "Appearance and Themes" and then choose "Display." Select your second monitor (the TV) as your primary monitor.
Select the video you would like to view and run it on your computer. It should appear on your television.
Tips and warnings
- It is important to check your system first to determine what inputs your television has and what outputs your computer has. There are adaptor cords that can connect many different systems. If you're confused, ask the salesperson at the electronics store to help you find the exact cord you need.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for