A frameless shower is easily hung and installed, but one problem with this type of unit is that the doors can be become uneven and off centre. This is because screws in the hinges are moving and forcing the door out of alignment. To readjust, remember that tightening the screws will push the door away from the hinge, while loosening them will draw the door toward the hinge.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Close the door to figure out which side is uneven.
Start on the hinge closest to the part of the door that is out of line. For example, if the top corner of the door is catching on the sides of shower, start on the upper hinge. Make one turn of the screw counterclockwise to loosen the hinge.
Move to the lower hinge and turn it once clockwise to tighten it.
Close the door and if it needs further adjusting, work the screws until the door is even.
Tips and warnings
- Check the door after every screw adjustment to see what effect the work is having on the door.
- Do not tighten the screws too much or the door may jut out.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for