Rubber band slingshots are remarkably powerful weapons. Tension is created by stretching the rubber band between two outstretched fingers, such as the thumb and middle finger above an upward-facing palm. Ammunition for these elastic weapons is varied and truly a matter of preference, but there are two types in particular that are simple to create with a few household items: paper stingers and paper clip ammunition.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Sheet of A4 paper
- Heavy book
- Metal paper clip
- Adhesive tape (optional)
Place a sheet of A4 printer paper on a flat working surface.
Cut out a strip of paper 8 inches long and 3 inches wide.
Roll the paper along its width as tightly as possible.
Flatten the rolled strip of paper with a heavy book.
Bend the thick rectangle of paper in half along its width, creating a U-shaped projectile.
Shoot the paper stinger by hooking it over your rubber band. Pinch and pull both ends of the stinger away from your fingers to stretch the rubber band. Release the stinger to shoot it across the room.
Unfold a paper clip starting from the outside edge. Doing so will create a flat, P-shaped object.
Unfold the paper clip one more time, creating a flat, hook-shaped object.
Hold onto the long leg of the paper clip and hook the curved section around your rubber band.
Pull the long leg away from your fingers to stretch the rubber band. Release the leg to shoot the paper clip across the room.
Tips and warnings
- For sturdier paper stinger, wrap your ammunition in adhesive tape. Doing so will make the folded paper more compact and therefore more powerful.
- Never fire your ammo at another person, especially the paper clip version. Doing so can result in injury.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for