Palladium jewellery resembles platinum and white gold, but it has various advantages over other types of metals. It is hypoallergenic, which makes it ideal for people who are allergic to white gold. Palladium is also stronger than platinum, yet weighs and costs less. Clean palladium rings once a week to keep them looking their best. Also, they should be professionally cleaned every six months by a jeweller. Professional cleanings make the rings shine like new, and the jeweller can also check for loose stones.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1/4 cup jewelery cleaning solution
- Small bowl
- Soft-bristled brush
- Soft towel
- Fabric-lined jewellery box
Pour 1/4 cup of jewellery cleaning solution into a small bowl, then submerge your palladium ring in the liquid. Allow it to soak for approximately 10 minutes.
Remove the ring from the liquid, then use a soft-bristled brush to gently scrub away the dirt and debris. Most jewellery cleaning kits come with both the cleaning solution and a soft brush, but you can use a toothbrush if your kit only came with the liquid.
Rinse the ring with warm water and dry it with a soft cloth.
Tips and warnings
- Keep your palladium ring in a fabric-lined jewellery box if you don't wear it regularly. Remove your rings when applying make-up or lotions, and wash your hands before putting the rings back on.
- Close your sink's drain in case you accidentally drop the ring while rinsing it off.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for