Owning medals shows you have met certain milestones in life or achieved great things. However, once they are awarded, they are often put aside or boxed up. There are many ways you can dust off your medals and display them. They can add a decorative touch to a room while highlighting your life accomplishments and awards.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Picture frame (size depends on number of medals)
- 1/2-inch picture hooks
Buy a picture frame that is large enough to showcase your medals. If you purchase one with glass, verify that it has enough depth for the glass of the frame not to touch the medals.
Choose a neutral backing in either white or tan. This will help your medals show up better in the frame.
Choose a backing that is strong and thick. Ensure that it can support multiple medals without bending or bowing.
Remove the glass cover of the picture frame. Screw small hooks into the backing of the frame, placing them according to the structure or design of how you want the medals to be showcased. Hang your medals on the hooks.
Secure the back of the picture frame, and replace the glass. Hang the picture frame on a wall or place it on a bookshelf or cabinet.
Tips and warnings
- Purchasing a medal shadowbox from a craft store is another idea for displaying your medals.
- You can also place hooks into the wall to make a display.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for