The big party is tonight. You pull out what you are going to wear--the shoes and a great handbag. Excitement is in the air until you pull out a light jacket to wear over your outfit. The jacket smells like smoke. You remember the last time you were wearing it--a night out with your friends in a smoky club. Don't toss the jacket to the side. With a bowl of vinegar and your bathtub, the smoke odor will be history.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Tub stopper or rag
- Hot water
- White vinegar
- Long-handled brush
- Clean cloth
Plug your bathtub with a stopper or rag.
Fill the bathtub with hot water. If you don't have a bathtub, plug your bathroom's sink and fill it with hot water.
Pour 1 cup of white vinegar into the bathtub or sink.
Stir the vinegar/water mixture with a long-handled brush.
Hang your jacket on a hanger.
Hang the jacket on the shower curtain or on the shower door above the tub of hot water/vinegar mixture. If hanging over a bathroom sink, hang it directly over the sink on a light fixture, mirror or other object.
Close the bathroom door.
Let the jacket hang for at least four hours or until the smell is gone.
Wipe the jacket with a clean cloth to remove any water droplets.
Tips and warnings
- Different fabrics hold odors for different periods of time, you may want to check to see if the odor is gone after two hours.
- If you notice an odor on just a certain section of the jacket, wet a clean sponge with a tablespoon of white vinegar and rub just that area to remove the odor.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for