Creating a flyer for your tutoring business doesn’t require professional graphic design skills or a large advertising budget. Flyers are easy to make because most word-processing software have a variety of premade flyer templates developed by design experts to get you started. And you can reduce the cost of printing if you choose cost-effective design colours and paper options, print at home or post your flyer online.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Word-processing software
- White or coloured paper
Go to the New File section or use Help in your word-processing software to find flyer templates.
Choose a flyer template that has a simple and direct layout that is easily readable at a distance.
Fill in the flyer using the premade text boxes provided by the template wizard. Type into the designated text boxes a descriptive headline, the name of your business and/or your name, your contact information, a list of the subjects you tutor and a description of the learning techniques used.
Print your flyer at home or with a professional printing service. The colour and type of paper you select, as well as the amount of colours in your design will determine the cost.
Post your flyer to a classifieds website to eliminate printing costs altogether.
Tips and warnings
- A popular template to use includes pull tabs at the bottom of the flyer. This allows potential customers to pull off a tab and take your contact information with them. With this style, use scissors to separate the tabs.
- The headline grabs a potential customer’s attention by making a claim (for example, Best Local Tutoring), offering a discount, asking a question or using clever language. But keep it short–a simple, descriptive phrase or sentence works best.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for