"Grand Theft Auto 4" has optional mini-games that a player can access to play alone or as a shared activity with one of your in-game friends. Pool can be accessed in a few locations in Liberty City, depending on what episode you are playing. Winning a game of pool unlocks an achievement and is also necessary for 100 per cent completion of the game. It's also possible to bet on a game when you're playing with a NPC (non player character).
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Go to a pool location, which is indicated on the map by an "8 ball" symbol. The Homebrew Café on the first island is available on both games. In "The Lost and Damned" it can also be played in The Lost MC Clubhouse.
Press the prompted button to play a game. On the PS3 and Xbox360, it is one of the left shoulder buttons.
Move the left analogue stick to set up the direction you want the cue to aim. Use the right analogue stick to determine where you want the cue to strike the cue ball. Press "X" to confirm.
Pull back on the right analogue stick to pull back the cue. Push foward to strike the cue ball. For a powerful strike, pull back and push foward quickly. For a softer touch, do it slower.
Tips and warnings
- In the expansion episode you get to keep the pool cue as a melee weapon.
- The pool game follows American rules. Familiarise yourself with them before playing if you don't wish to make a foul.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for