Magnetic knife holders store your cutlery on your kitchen wall, making knives easy-to-reach and readily accessible. These wall-mounted racks hold your knives using strong magnets and go well with minimalistic kitchens, displaying your knives without the use of bulky wooden knife racks that typically sit on the kitchen counter. Storing your knives on a magnetic holder can also free up space on your kitchen counter and in utensil drawers. Your new magnetic knife rack can be installed in your kitchen with a few tools and little preparation.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Electric drill with pilot bit (optional)
- Level (optional)
Measure your knives and mark the space to place your holder. You'll need enough room for your biggest knife to be placed and removed with 1 or 2 inches of clearance space above and below any kitchen counters, cabinets and appliances.
Mark the screw holes using a pencil. Some holders are screwed directly into the wall, while others use brackets that you mount the holder onto.
Insert the screws. If installing in a wall that is made of hardwood, stone, or tile, drill pilot holes to avoid cracking the wall material. If your magnetic rack screws directly into the wall, don't over-tighten, or the knife holder may crack or break.
Mount the holder onto the mounting brackets if applicable for your model.
Test the magnetic knife holder by placing dull metal utensils such as butter knives or forks on it. It should hold the weight without any give or loosening.
Tips and warnings
- Mount the knife rack in a spot away from the reach of curious children or house pets.
- Use a level to ensure that your holder is completely straight.
- Mount your knives with the blades all facing the same way to protect from accidental cuts when removing cutlery.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for