The best first line of defence against saggy and soft body parts is exercise. It is quite possible that the muscles of the buttocks and thighs are not toned, and therefore appear droopy. There are certain exercises for toning the buttocks and thighs in particular. You need to exercise consistently for several months to see results. If the results from exercise are not enough, consult a medical professional about your plastic surgery or aesthetic medicine options.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Dumbbells (2.3, 3.6 or 4.5kg)
- Box, step or flight of stairs
Walk often at a brisk pace. Walking is aerobic exercise that promotes weight loss. Losing fat from the buttocks can make them smaller and less droopy. Getting in 30-45 minutes of fast walking or aerobic exercise most days of the week is recommended by The American Heart Association. To walk at the correct pace, breathe fast, but talk out loud to see if you can still carry a conversation. If you can manage about 3 or 4 words between inhalations, you are at the correct pace.
Do step-ups with weights. Step up and down on a box, step, or even a flight of stairs while holding dumbbells (2.3, 3.6 or 4.5kg) in your hands. Start with feet together and hold the dumbbells in your hands at your sides. Relax the arms and shoulders. Step up onto the box or bench with the right foot and then bring up the left foot on top. Step down one leg at a time. Do step-ups for 5 to 10 minutes every other day.
Do single-leg kickbacks. Come down on all fours on the floor. Hands should be under your shoulders and knees under your hips. Lift one knee toward your chest and then kick the leg backwards. Repeat 20 times. Repeat with the other leg. This exercise can be completed every day.
Tone Your Buttocks
Do lunges. Start with feet together. Place your right foot forward. Bend both knees. The right knee should be in line with the right foot. The left knee should come down as close to the floor as you can without pain. Then step back with the right leg so that both feet are together. Repeat with the other leg. Do 10 to 15 lunges for each leg.
Do squats with dumbbells. Stand with feet together and hold the dumbbells in your hands. Arms are at your sides. Bend the knees as if you are about to sit in an imaginary chair. Then straighten the legs and come back up to standing. Repeat 15 to 20 times.
Do straight leg lifts. Sitting in a chair, extend your right leg out in front of you. While extended, lift the leg 2 to 3 inches up and back down to the original position (do not lean back in the chair while performing this exercise). Repeat with the same leg for 10 to 15 repetitions. Then do the same exercise with the left leg. This exercise can be performed every day.
Tone Your Thighs
Tips and warnings
- While walking, squeeze your right buttock cheek as you step with the left foot and squeeze the left buttock cheek as you step with the right foot. This provides additional toning.
- When performing a lunge, your knee should not extend over your toes.
- You can also perform a squat without dumbbells against a wall. Place your back against the wall and slide down until both knees are bent.
- Saggy skin will not likely be improved with exercise. You may need aesthetic medicine procedures to remove or tighten skin.
- Losing weight takes a combination of eating healthy, low-calorie foods and aerobic exercise.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for