Secure and fit a new drum lifter on your washing machine to ensure that it's properly cleaning your clothes. Drum lifters, otherwise known as paddle lifters, are placed in washing machines to agitate the fabric of clothing and allow soap to penetrate deeper. Before modern technology, this was done with stones or a washboard. A faulty drum lifter, or one that is loose, can affect the cleanliness of cloths after a wash.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Pull the old drum lifter out by inserting a small screwdriver into the third hole from the back of the washer. Gently push down and slide the drum lifter out of the washer. Since it is already broken, it should come out easily.
Look for slots in the drum of the washing machine. They should be toward the back. Feel with your hands to get a better idea of where they are located.
Line up the lugs on the lifter with the slots on the drum of the washer. Insert the lifter lugs into the slots and push firmly until you hear a click.
Jiggle the drum lifter gently to ensure that it is secure.
Tips and warnings
- Make sure you have the right paddle lifter for your washing machine.
- Paddle lifters often come loose or break. You should check every once in a while to make sure they are still intact.
- Any home appliance store can help you locate a drum lifter according to your washer model.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for