\"Gun Game\" is a fast-paced levelling mod for \"Counter-Strike: Source.\" Typically played on small, close-quarters maps to accent the pacing, \"Gun Game\" is a favourite among players both old and new. Many who play \"Gun Game\" don't go back to playing vanilla \"Counter-Strike.\" Thanks to the modular nature of many of Valve's games, \"Gun Game\" has become quick to install and configure.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- \"Counter-Strike: Source\"
- \"Gun Game\" script (see Resources)
- Server access, either locally or via FTP
Download and extract the \"Gun Game\" files. Version 4, the current release as of June 2010, includes the primary script as well as some modified configuration files that are designed to fix minor bugs caused in other files.
Open the \"gg_en_config.cfg\" file, located in the cfg\gungame folder, and edit it as desired. Change settings such as the weapon list, map list and levelling settings. Also edit the maplist.txt file if desired.
Copy all of the folders in the download into your \"cstrike\" folder, making sure to overwrite any existing files. If you do not have local server access, you will have to do this via FTP.
In the \"cstrike\cfg\" folder, locate the autoexec.cfg file. If it does not exist, create it. Add the line \"es_load gungame4\" to that file.
Restart your server.
Tips and warnings
- Spend some time going through the Gun Game config file, as there are lots of interesting options available.
- Make sure not to edit any files other than the maplist, gg_en_config and autoexec, as changing other files may break your scripts, if not your server.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for