Microsoft Publisher is desktop publishing software that offers basic design and word processing features. Publisher includes more than 100 templates for projects such as newsletters, brochures, business cards and resumes. Additional templates are available from Microsoft Office Online (See References 2). Entrepreneurs can even use Publisher to create simple logos without purchasing design software. Publisher is not intended to replace design software, such as Adobe Photoshop. However, it offers enough options so a person without design skills can create a logo.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Microsoft Publisher
Open Microsoft Publisher and start a new project. Choose a blank page of any size. You should now see a blank page on your screen.
Click "Insert" located on the overhead menu. Choose "Design Gallery Object" from the Insert drop-down menu. Choose "Logos" from the Design Gallery Object menu. A number of logo templates appear onscreen.
Look at the "Options" menu to the right of the logo templates. Adjust the options to add or remove graphics from the templates. You also can adjust how many lines of text appear on the templates.
Double-click the logo of your choice. Publisher inserts it onto the blank page. You might need to re-size the logo. Hold the "Shift" key while clicking and dragging one of the logo's corners. Keep dragging until you're pleased with the size.
Highlight the text in the logo and type to enter your own words. Change the font by choosing a new one from the font drop-down menu on the toolbar. It also is possible to change the logo's colours by selecting "Format" and "Color Schemes" from the toolbar menu. Make sure the logo is selected.
Choose "File" and "Save As" to save your logo as a .jpg or .gif. You also can copy and paste the logo directly into Publisher documents.
Tips and warnings
- Choose a logo template that fits your needs. The more suited the logo, the fewer adjustments you have to make.
- Microsoft Publisher isn't a graphic design program. It offers basic design features for non-designers. Graphic design programs like Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator are recommended for creating business logos.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for