Use oatmeal shampoo on dogs that have dry or itchy skin. The oatmeal in the shampoo soothes the dog's skin by providing natural emollients, helping it to retain moisture. Oatmeal shampoo can also be used on dogs that do not suffer from any skin problems. You can purchase it at a pet store, or you can make your own at home.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 qt. warm water
Measure oatmeal and pour into blender. Blend until you've ground it into an oat flour with the consistency of powder.
Add the oatmeal flour, baking soda, and warm water to a large bowl. Mix together until well blended.
Wet dog with water. Pour the oatmeal shampoo onto dog and massage into the fur and skin. Allow shampoo to remain on the dog for at least 10 minutes.
Rinse your dog well with water to remove shampoo. Dry with a clean towel.
Tips and warnings
- For extremely dry skin, allow shampoo to remain on your dog for 20 minutes.
- This oatmeal shampoo doesn't lather like traditional shampoo, but you may add a few drops of regular dog shampoo to help make a lather.
- Double the recipe's quantities for larger dogs.
- Avoid getting shampoo into your dog's eyes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for