Oil and grease from your hands, as well as dirt and other grime from a table tennis ball can transfer onto your table tennis racket, even after one game. A dirty table tennis racket does not hit the ball the same way as a clean racket. It is recommended that you clean the table tennis racket after each use. Using the proper products will allow you to thoroughly clean the table tennis racket without damaging the rubber on the racket.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Table tennis cleaning kit (with sponge and cleaning spray)
- Household sponge and mild dish soap (optional)
Purchase a table tennis racket cleaning kit. These kits contain a special sponge and cleaning spray meant for table tennis rackets. You can buy table tennis racket cleaning kits in stores that sell table tennis equipment or online.
Spray the sponge with the racket cleaner. The amount of cleaner that you use will be determined by how dirty the racket is. No more than six sprays should be necessary.
Wipe one side of the table tennis racket with the wet sponge. Wipe gently so that you do not rip or tear the rubber.
Flip the table tennis racket over.
Repeat steps 2 and 3 to clean the other side of the table tennis racket.
Wipe the entire handle of the table tennis racket with a damp cloth. A few drops of mild dish soap can be added to the cloth if you wish. If you use soap, remember to wipe the handle again with a second damp cloth that doesn't contain soap. Doing so will eliminate any soap residue from the handle. Be sure to dry the handle completely by wiping it with a clean, dry soft cloth.
Tips and warnings
- A damp household sponge that has a few drops of mild dish soap on it can also be used to clean the table tennis racket. Remember to use a soft sponge, however, or you could damage the racket. If you use this method, dry the racket with a soft cloth.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for