There are many ways to create door stops. You can use plastic containers, metal cans, sewn fabric, wood containers, bricks and sand. Enhance your door stop with anything decorative such as silk flowers, stickers, ribbons or bows. Door stops are very decorative and useful. They keep an aggravating door from moving. Create a beautiful door stop yourself to match your decor.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Large metal coffee can with lid
- Spray paint
- Hot glue gun
- Silk flowers
- Wire cutters
- Coloured flat-bottom glass stones
Paint the large coffee can any colour you wish. Choose a colour that will be a good background colour behind the glass stones you chose. Spray paint it all over with the lid off. Let it dry thoroughly.
Hot glue the coloured or clear glass stones all around the sides. Start in a row around the bottom. Use a colour that goes with the silk flowers you chose. Keep putting rows around the can and stop halfway up or hot glue rows upon rows of glass stones all the way to the top of the can. Leave 1/2 inch at the top clear for the can lid to fasten onto the can. Allow the glue to dry thoroughly.
Fill the can half full of sand. Put the plastic lid on the can. Strip the leaves from the stems of the silk flowers. Make sure the flower stems are an inch shorter than the height of the coffee can. If they are too long, cut the bottom of the stems off with the wire cutters. Punch the stem of the flowers through the plastic lid and push into the sand. Let the flower lie on the lid. Keep putting flowers close together through the lid. Cover the plastic lid with your silk flowers until you see no lid, only flowers.
Tips and warnings
- If you use a white paint and clear glass stones you can change the flowers out whenever you get the urge for a different colour.
- Be careful with the hot glue gun. Adults must do the hot gluing.
- An adult must use the wire cutters to cut the silk flower stems.
- Spray paint in a well ventilated area.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for