Many special fabrics require dry cleaning. In fact, dry cleaning your clothes will agitate them less and, therefore, they will last longer. Dry cleaning can be expensive, but clothing care companies have developed home dry cleaning packages that enable you to dry clean fabric in your own home drying machine.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Dry cleaning solution
- Home dry cleaning kit
Use a clean cloth to blot home dry cleaning solution on the stains or dirty areas. Gently agitate the fibres of the clothing but do not spread the stain by rubbing it too much.
Put the clothing in the dryer and set it according to the manufacturer's instructions.
When the cycle is complete, remove the clothing from the dryer.
Home Dry Cleaning Solution
Put the fabric in the home dry cleaning bag.
Put a home dry cleaning cloth in the bag and seal the bag shut.
Put the bag in the dryer.
Set the dryer according to the manufacturer's instructions. Most will require a cycle of 20 to 40 minutes and will use medium heat.
Remove the bag at the end of the cycle and take the clothes out. The clothes may be slightly damp. Hang them up if they are and allow them to dry completely.
Home Dry Cleaning Kit
Tips and warnings
- Do not overfill the bag. The fabric should be able to tumble freely in the bag.
- Hang clothes after they have been dried to prevent wrinkles from developing.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for