Tea, a beverage enjoyed by countless people, has the ability to stain the containers in which it is kept. For instance, if you use a plastic pitcher for tea, it will develop stains due to the tannins present in the tea. Yet with proper care and cleaning techniques, you can eliminate staining and protect the plastic pitcher from becoming damaged.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Small container
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- Non-abrasive cloth
Pour a quarter cup of baking soda into a small container.
Wet a non-abrasive cloth under warm, running water. Squeeze it gently to remove excess water.
Fill the plastic pitcher with warm water and pour it back out. Dip a portion of the cloth into the baking soda.
Scrub the inside of the plastic pitcher with the cloth dipped in baking soda. Dip the cloth back into the container with baking soda as needed.
Rinse the pitcher under warm running water to remove the baking soda residue.
Tips and warnings
- After each use, clean your pitcher with a mild detergent and warm water. This will help reduce staining.
- Never use abrasive cleaning tools to remove tea stains from plastic. They can harm the finish.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for