Marine phytoplankton is a popular whole food supplement that provides concentrated nutritional elements that support health. Marine phytoplankton safety depends upon the source. Phytoplankton harvested directly from ocean tanks may be contaminated with pollutants. The only safe marine phytoplankton to take is that which is grown in a controlled environment that has undergone testing for purification.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Plastic cup with tightly closing lid
- Plastic measuring spoon
- Marine phytoplankton powder
If taking marine phytoplankton in powder form, choose a beverage to mix the marine phytoplankton with. Most people prefer orange juice or grape juice because it masks the strong taste of the phytoplankton. However, pure water can also be used.
Using a plastic spoon, measure out the desired dosage amount (usually 1/4 to 1 tsp) and add the powder to the liquid.
A plastic cup with a tightly closing lid is the preferable container because the powder can be mixed by shaking rather than stirring. Secure the lid onto the cup and shake vigorously for at least 10 seconds. (If a cup with lid is not available, the powder can be stirred into the liquid. However, the powder is more likely to clump and stick to the container this way.)
Drink immediately to prevent settling of powder. If any powder remains in the container, add a bit more liquid, shake again and drink. Repeat until no powder remains in the container.
To retain freshness and potency, marine phytoplankton should always be stored in a sealed container in a dark, cool location.
Tips and warnings
- Always follow the manufacturer's instructions regarding dosage amounts and frequency. Serious health conditions often require multiple daily doses, while a preventive dose may be referred to as a once-daily "maintenance dose."
- If you experience nausea, diarrhoea or upset stomach while taking marine phytoplankton, it is probably just a sign that your body is detoxifying. This is normal. If these symptoms are a nuisance, lower your dosage amount.
- If you develop a skin rash or any other allergic symptom, you may be experiencing an allergic reaction to phytoplankton or the product may be contaminated. Stop taking the marine phytoplankton and inform the source you acquired the phytoplankton from. If symptoms do not subside, seek medical attention.
- To avoid a possible drug interaction, always take marine phytoplankton separately from prescription medications.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for