Advertising a product or service is one of the most important ways to gain customers. The signs you use must be attractive in order to entice customers. You can order custom-made signs, but they tend to be expensive. Making your own sign can be just as effective and much cheaper.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Sign board
- Primer or sealer
- Carbon paper
- Enamel or exterior acrylic paint
- Varnish or glaze
Cover your sign board with a primer or sealer. A primer will help hide any old designs already on the sign, and a sealer will increase your sign’s longevity, particularly if it is made of a porous material. Allow it to dry.
Trace your sign design onto your sign surface by placing carbon paper over the sign, then placing your design onto the carbon paper and tracing it with a pencil.
Paint your sign design with enamel or exterior acrylic paint. Give it time to dry.
Apply a varnish or glaze over your work to protect it from sun and precipitation or to give it a glossy appearance.
Tips and warnings
- Read the manufacturer’s labels on the paints and finishes, as they give the best information on getting the material to last longer.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for