Whirlpool-manufactured Kenmore dishwashers are controlled by an electronic panel that occasionally must be reset to stop the dishwasher's "Clean" light from blinking repeatedly. A quick reset should solve the problem and return control panel access, allowing you to program or make changes to your dishwasher cycles. If resetting the control panel does not solve your dishwasher's issue, the trouble may be caused by an underlying mechanical problem. Troubleshoot the appliance yourself or contact Sears Kenmore customer service for assistance.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Unlock your Kenmore dishwasher control panel by pressing and holding the "Heated Dry" button for four seconds.
Press a series of four buttons in quick succession. Press "Heated Dry," "Normal Wash," "Heated Dry" and "Normal Wash" to instruct your Kenmore dishwasher to run a short diagnostic test.
Wait for two minutes while your Kenmore dishwasher runs its diagnostic test.
Press the "Cancel/Drain" button once your dishwasher has completed its diagnostic test. This should reset your dishwasher control panel and stop the "Clean" light from blinking repeatedly.
Tips and warnings
- Check to make sure that there's no standing water in the bottom of your dishwasher. Standing water in your dishwasher may indicate that your dishwasher has stopped mid-cycle. You will need to press the "Cancel/Drain" button before you can reset your dishwasher control panel.
- A constantly blinking "Clean" light can indicate a mechanical problem in your Kenmore dishwasher that may not be solved by a simple control panel reset.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for