With fashion becoming more and more androgynous these days, women are often tempted by a comfortable pair of men's low-heeled shoes. Conversely, some men may want to try on women's shoes, for Halloween, cross-dressing, or just to see how the other half walks in stiletto heels. However, sizes for American-made men's and women's shoes are not the same. The following instructions will help you convert women's sizes into men's sizes, and vice versa.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- A pair of shoes intended for the opposite sex
Pick out a pair of men's shoes you'd like to try on, if you're a woman.
Subtract two full sizes from your women's shoe size. For example, if you're size 7 1/2 in women's, your men's shoe size is 5 1/2.
Try on the men's shoes in that size and adjust your shoe size up or down if they don't fit.
Choose a pair of women's shoes that you like, if you're a man.
Add two sizes to your men's shoe size. For example, if you're size 8 in men's, your women's shoe size is 10.
Try on the women's shoes in that size and adjust the shoe size up or down if they don't fit.
Tips and warnings
- If you buy European shoes, there's no need to convert sizes. Men's and women's shoe sizes are the same.
- The above conversion is a rule of thumb. Some American shoe manufacturers have slightly different conversions.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for