Thank you notes are important to send after you receive any types of gifts from friends and family, including gifts for a newborn baby. When babies are born, endless gifts are given in honour of their arrival and it is good manners to send everyone a handwritten thank you note that shows your appreciation for their generosity and kindness. Taking time to write a heartfelt thank you note is important, and although it does not take much time, it shows your friends and family that you genuinely care about them.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Buy stationary or a card that has a baby-related theme on it, like a rattle or a teddy bear. You can get these themed cards at any local stationary store. You can also make your own card by purchasing a package of blank cards and attaching a recent photo of your baby on the front.
Write in your best handwriting a personal message that shows you really appreciate the time and effort they took to give you a baby gift. Thank the gift giver and also give an example of how your baby may use the gift (for example: the bootees you gave will keep her feet very warm). Mention also how good it was to see them again and that you hope to visit in the near future. Take your time in writing the message, since you do not want to have careless spelling errors in your card.
Send the cards within a week after you received the baby gift. Thank you cards only take a moment to write and send, so set aside some time in your day to write them.
Tips and warnings
- A rule of thumb is if you live under the same roof as the gift giver it is not necessary to give them a thank you card. A friendly post-it or better yet, an in-person thank you will do the trick.
- A thank-you note is not an appropriate time to focus on yourself, so refrain from bragging about anything related to your own personal life, unless it has something to do with your baby, of course. Double-check the spelling of your gift giver's name before you send out your card; it looks careless if you misspell someone's name.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for