Individual art preserved on melamine plates has been a popular gift and memento since the 1960s. Melamine kits are manufactured by several companies and include instructions, drawing sheets, decorating ideas and prepaid envelopes. You will need to mail in your designs after you or your child has created the masterpiece that will be adorning it and you will receive a melamine plate incorporating your designs.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Melamine plate decorating kit
- Markers (if not included)
Colour the decorative sheets provided in the kit with markers, creating your desired plate design.
Fill out the forms provided in the kit.
Mail the prepaid envelope with your design and completed forms to the company. The finished plate should arrive at the address you provided in four to six weeks.
Tips and warnings
- Some kits provide markers, others do not. It is important to use nontoxic permanent markers if you are using your own.
- Melamine plates are not microwave-safe.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for