Soaker hoses do more than slowly water your garden. Use a specially made gadget to fertilise plants at the same time you water. No more messy sprayers or granulated fertilisers. Liquid fertiliser mixes with water at a ratio of 1 part fertiliser to 16 parts water and distributes the product in about 3 to 5 minutes. Use this method for chemical fertilisers, or even organic liquid fertiliser like fish emulsion.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Siphon mixer
- Soaker Hose
Attach the end of the siphon mixer to an outside faucet.
Attach the other end to the big end of the soaker hose.
Mix the liquid fertiliser in a container according to package directions (some siphon mixers come with a container).
Insert the rubber hose from the siphon mixer into the fertiliser. Turn on the water to begin fertilising.
Fertilise Through Soaker Hoses
Tips and warnings
- Siphon mixers are sold under different names online and at garden stores.
- Run water through the soaker hose between fertilising treatments to prevent clogging.
- Follow fertiliser directions carefully. Wear gloves and protective clothing. Over-fertilising causes plant damage and can pollute groundwater. (Reference 2)
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for