While there are many different models of Canon PowerShot digital cameras, setting the self-timer is similar on all models with a toggle pad. The toggle pad has a round “FUNC SET” button in the centre. Press the toggle pad on the top, bottom and sides to access various camera features.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Set the camera on a flat surface and compose your subject in the viewfinder.
Press the camera shutter down halfway to focus on your subject.
Press the bottom button on your camera’s toggle pad. If you look closely, you will see the self-timer symbol on this side of the toggle pad. The time symbol looks like a small stopwatch with the number 10 on it.
Use the top and bottom buttons of the toggle pad to scroll through the time delay selections in the camera’s LCD monitor. You can select between a 10, 15 or 20-second delay.
Press the shutter down fully to start the self-timer. The camera lamp begins to blink and the camera plays a self-timer sound.
Move into position for the picture. You will know the camera is about to take the picture when the lamp blinks faster and the sound speed increases.
Tips and warnings
- You can adjust the self-timer volume in the settings of the camera.
- Prepare the surface you are going to set the camera on before beginning.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for