Phones and portable devices using touch screens or stylus enable users to enter and select information without buttons. The screens on these devices provide quality graphics; however, these screens can be prone to fingerprints, scratches and dirt build-up. You can protect your investment and increase the life of the device by installing a screen protector. Screen protectors provide protection against scratches and serve as a barrier for smudges and dust. Because screen protectors are clear films, a few simple precautions and patience ensure a bubble-free installation.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 tbls. rubbing alcohol
- 1 tbls. water
- Small cup
- Cotton swab
- Lint-free cloth
- Credit card
- Optional: bathroom with a shower, compressed air spray
Prepare a solution of alcohol and water in a small cup.
Wipe the screen with a lint-free cloth to clean dirt, dust and oily residue from fingerprints.
Dip the cotton swab in the diluted alcohol and gently wipe the surface of the screen.
Immediately wipe the surface clean with the cloth.
Remove the backing from the screen protector and hold the film by the edges, taking care to avoid touching the sticky side.
Carefully align the bottom side of the protector to the bottom edge of the screen and hold the protector at a slight angle away from the screen (with the side touching the edge).
Gently rub the screen protector onto the screen, using the flat side of the credit card. Remember to apply an even pressure to the film to affix it to the screen to avoid air bubbles and move from the bottom left corner to the right.
Carefully peel away that portion of the film from the screen if an air bubble forms and rub the film in place to reapply.
Release sections of the protector as you affix it to the screen but continue to hold the film away from the screen until you can rub it flat.
Tips and warnings
- Install the screen protector in a slightly steamy bathroom (created with the hot shower) to reduce dust and particles on the screen or protector.
- Remember to take your time rubbing the protector to the screen to avoid dust, smudges and bubbles under the film.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for