If you're a wine drinker, it's likely that you have a few empty bottles available that you can't bring yourself to throw away. Wine bottles are made of pretty, durable glass and therefore are often recycled into other crafts. Wine bottle candles are made by adding a premade candlewick to a wax wine cork and then inserting it into the bottle. You can leave these candles sitting on a table, or you can easily hang wine bottle candles by creating your own hanging mechanism.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Wine bottle candle
- 3/8-inch threaded rod
- 3/8-inch top plate connector/ceiling flange
- 2 screws that fit the top plate connector
- 1-inch split ring hanger
Use the hacksaw to cut the 3/8-inch threaded rod into two pieces ½ inch long. This means your wine bottle candles will be sticking out about ½ inch. If you want the candles to be closer to the wall, or to stick out further, use a shorter or longer length.
Position the top plate connector on the wall where you want to hang your wine bottle candles. Use the pencil to make a dot on the wall through each screw hole so you know where to place it.
Screw in the plate connector using the two screws and a drill. Screw the threaded rod pieces into the centre of the top plate connector and then screw the 1-inch split ring hanger into the place, leaving the screws slightly loose.
Slide the neck of the wine bottle into the split ring hanger. Tighten the screws so that the split ring closes around the wine bottle.
Tips and warnings
- If the neck of the wine bottle you are using is smaller than an inch, line the inside of the split ring hanger with double sided tape to make it fit around the bottleneck.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for