If you're facing a large painting project, a paint sprayer can be a dream come true. Paint sprayers reduce the amount of time it takes to apply paint, making large projects take a fraction of the time required with paintbrushes or rollers. Airless sprayers have even more of an advantage; they are known for their ability to spray paint in even, thick layers, reducing drips and oversprays that often occur with the sprayers that use air. There are a large variety of airless paint sprayers, and choosing the right kind can be the key to completing your painting project properly.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Choose the type of pump you want for your airless paint sprayer. Airless sprayers featuring a piston pump can pump thicker materials because they use a vacuum to push the paint through a hose. A diaphragm pump using a hydraulic system moves the paint through the hose and past a diaphragm in the gun itself, so there is less room for thicker paint.
Choose the size of your sprayer. Airless sprayers come in two-finger and four-finger varieties, referring to the number of fingers you have to use to depress the trigger. Test both to see which works best for you.
Choose your power setting. Larger projects may require a higher level of gallons per minute, which is how sprayers are ranked in terms of power. On the other hand, a smaller, more precise project will benefit from lower gallons per minute so that you can be more accurate with the spray.
Choose the size of the tip for your airless sprayer. Again, this will depend on the preference for your project. Larger tips will create a wider spray, while smaller tips will allow you more control and precision.
Tips and warnings
- Consult with an expert at a paint store or hardware retailer if you have questions regarding specific projects or products.
- When using an airless paint sprayer, keep all body parts away from the tip when the sprayer is in use. The pressure used to apply paint to walls can actually push paint into your skin, introducing toxic chemicals into your bloodstream.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for