Changing in the input mode on a TV without a remote is possible. Perhaps you have lost your remote, or the batteries have died and you don't have any replacements. Or maybe you are just near the TV and the remote is on the other side of the room and not easily accessible. Not only can you change the input, but you can also access the volume, power and menu options from just pressing a few buttons.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Look for a keypad or panel of buttons on your TV. Depending on the brand of your TV, these buttons will be located on either side of the screen near the back.
Look for wording near the buttons. They are normally on top or on the side of the buttons. You should see "Input" somewhere. Press the button that corresponds with Input.
Press the Input button. Depending on the brand of your TV, you may be able to just press the Input button again to switch through the modes, or you may need to use the arrow buttons. The arrow buttons should be located on either side of the Input button. The Input button will cycle through all modes included with your TV.
Stop pressing the button when you get to the mode that you need. You will know which mode you are cycling through as it will say it somewhere in the corner of your TV screen.
Tips and warnings
- Use a flashlight if the keypad behind your TV is hard to see.
- Consider purchasing a universal remote to keep as a spare in case you lose your original remote.
- Take care when handling your TV and switching modes. Be gentle with wires near the TV so you do not risk being electrocuted.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for