Heidi Klum, a 36-year-old Victoria Secret model and mother of four, has a body most would covet, but creating and maintaining a body worthy of underwear and swimsuit endorsements doesn't come easily, even for someone nicknamed "The Body." Getting a body like an underwear model, for both men and women, requires the right amount of discipline, hard work and self-awareness.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Commit to a full-body plan. Obtaining the body of an underwear model is more than just dieting and exercise. Developing and maintaining an underwear model's body requires a change in the way you think. It takes dedication as well as eating right and exercise.
Eat regularly and nutritionally. According to celebrity trainer Valerie Waters, a balanced and healthy diet should consist of obeying a 90/10 rule -- 90 per cent of the time you focus on eating healthy foods, such as low-fat diary products, lean proteins, and fruits and vegetables, while 10 per cent of the time you treat yourself with indulgences such as chocolate or pizza. Keeping a regular eating schedule is also important, and eating breakfast is essential. Otherwise, night snacking is too tempting.
Alternate your workouts and stay active. In order to give your body time to change, you have to alternate your workouts to change your routine. For example, focus on strength training workouts three days a week and intense cardio three days a week. On the seventh day you should rest or complete a low-stress workout such as yoga, walking or leisurely swimming.
Keep working. Getting a body like an underwear model is the easy part, but maintaining it will require constant work. Making your full-body plan a routine and way of life, as opposed to just a temporary goal, is the way to keep your underwear model body permanently.
Tips and warnings
- One mistake people make when committing to an endeavour like obtaining a body like an underwear model is starting off at the wrong level. Before you begin your plan, you should access your physical abilities and write out a plan that begins your full-body plan at an intensity level that is challenging yet feasible for you. Once you get to a point where you no longer find that level challenging, you can increase your goals from there.
- Naturally, if you are overweight it will take you a longer time to acquire a body similar to an underwear model, but the key to accomplishing the goal is making a long-term commitment.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for