Arteries are a major part of our circulatory system. If they become clogged with plaque, a dangerous health threat occurs. Plaque consists of fat, cholesterol, waste material, protein and fibrin that floats freely in the body. If plaque hardens, clogged arteries result. Fortunately, there are natural ways to help unclog arteries. According to the New England Journal of Medicine, cayenne pepper has been shown to be a powerful herbal stimulant that helps to increase circulation, thus helping to clear clogged arteries.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Eat foods that are known for improving blood circulation and add herbal supplements like cayenne (red) pepper, Ginkgo biloba, rosemary, sassafras and red clover tea. Cayenne, also known as red pepper, is a spicy pepper that puts a kick into a lot of spicy foods, but it also helps to unclog arteries. The active ingredient in cayenne is an active compound known as capsaicin.
Consume cayenne (red) pepper by eating foods that have it added or by sprinkling the spice on foods after cooking. Red pepper can help to lower LDL cholesterol and protect from free radical damage. It has other benefits, such as suppressing the appetite and helping to burn calories, which also helps the cardiovascular system.
Squeeze the juice of one lemon into a pint of warm water, and add a pinch of cayenne pepper and a tablespoon of maple syrup or honey to make a detox drink. By drinking one or two cups per day you can help increase the blood circulation in the body, thus helping to clear the arteries of plaque.
Sprinkle a little cayenne pepper on all foods, but it is especially effective with raw foods as it makes them more digestible. Cayenne is used to treat a variety of health conditions such as heart disease, poor circulation and high cholesterol levels in men and women.
Regulate blood flow throughout the body, and strengthen the heart, capillaries, nerves and arteries through the ingestion of cayenne pepper in various forms. The consumption of cayenne in foods or in a capsule has shown results in its ability to cleanse the body of impurities and aid in reducing the plaque that causes clogged arteries to result.
Clear Your Arteries with Red Pepper
Tips and warnings
- Consult your health care practitioner before you before beginning the cayenne regimen.
- Build up a tolerance to the spicy taste of cayenne gradually as many people suffer from digestive problems from consuming cayenne. Try adding a small amount to food to begin and add more later.
- High doses of cayenne pepper can cause gastric problems and possible liver damage.
- If you suffer from gastritis or have an ulcer, use cayenne cautiously and only under a physicians care. It could make your condition worse.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for