The only thing tastier than a regular corn dog, is one fried in pancake batter. It's the perfect combination of juiciness, sweetness, and crunchiness. Aside from the tastiness of this recipe, it's super easy and cheap to make.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Measuring cups
- Mixing bowl
- Ten Popsicle sticks
- Frying pan
- 1/2 inch oil
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Ten frankfurters
Pour oil into frying pan and preheat to three hundred sixty-five degrees.
Combine pancake mix, cornmeal, and salt. Mix well.
Add milk, mixing well while you pour.
Using the fork, dip each frankfurter into the batter until it is coated evenly.
Fry each frankfurter until golden brown making sure to rotate evenly.
If desired, insert a Popsicle stick into each frankfurter. Serve immediately.
Tips and warnings
- The batter will thicken after a few minutes of sitting. Add a little bit of milk to thin the batter.
- Oil tends to splash when heated, so be sure not to stand too close to the frying pan.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for