Watermarks are translucent areas of paper that are intentionally created during the paper making process. Stamps with the same design are sometimes printed on different papers with different watermarks. Identifying which version of the stamp design that you have can help determine the stamps value. Watermarks on stamps can be viewed with tools from your local stamp hobby dealer.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Watermark fluid
- Watermark tray
Place your stamp face down in the watermark tray.
Apply the watermark solution dropwise on the stamp in the tray. Only apply solution until the entire stamp is saturated.
View the watermark image on the stamp and take note of it.
Tips and warnings
- The watermark solution evaporates quickly after its application to the stamp. To view the watermark again, simply repeat the process.
- Avoid inhaling the fumes of the watermark solution, as it may be dangerous.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for