Scrabble tiles are like letter beads and stickers in that they can spell out anything in a craft project. Although the tiles are too small to have a hole drilled through the centre to be used in the same way as letter beads, Scrabble tiles can still figure prominently in personalised jewellery and decorative items, such as picture frames. Scrabble tiles, when reversed, smooth side up, also work as a good pendant base.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Scrabble tiles
- Decorative paper
- Glaze adhesive
- Super glue
- Jewellery bail
- Pen or pencil
- Small paintbrush
- Hot glue gun (Craft No. 2 only)
- Acrylic paint (Craft No. 2 only)
Place your Scrabble tile on the back side of your decorative paper. Trace the shape of the square.
Cut out the shape from the decorative paper, being very exact.
Spread a thin layer of glaze adhesive on the smooth back of your Scrabble tile with a small paintbrush.
Center the decorative paper cutout over the glaze adhesive. Allow the adhesive to dry about 15 minutes. Trim off any excess paper.
Apply the glaze adhesive in a thick layer to the top of the tile to create a finished, glossy appearance. Allow to dry completely, a few hours or overnight.
Dab a dot of super glue to the jewellery bail. Attach it to the back of the pendant, centred at the top edge. Allow to dry for a few hours.
Scrabble Tile Pendant
Choose the tiles that you want to use to spell out your word/words. Paint the tiles on the edges and the smooth side to add colour. Allow to dry.
Arrange the tiles on the object that you want to personalise.
Hot glue each tile on one at a time until all of the Scrabble tiles are used.
Scrabble Tile Personalization
Tips and warnings
- You don't need to buy a new Scrabble game whenever you need new letters. Look online for vendors selling loose tiles in bulk.
- Children will need supervision when using the hot glue gun.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for