Mould is a form of microscopic fungi. It grows on the dead, decaying organic matter that accumulates in showers. It has also been known to eat fatty substances, such as soap residue. Pink mould is an airborne bacteria called Serratia marcescens. If this mould is ingested, it can cause urinary tract infections, respiratory infections, conjunctivitis and other infections. Pink mould can be eliminated by using bleaching products. However, bleach is toxic and produces harsh fumes. Alternatives include hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and vinegar.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Plastic cups
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Baking soda
- Electric toothbrush
Pour vinegar on a rag and scrub the pink mould. Use pressure when scrubbing. Remove as much mould as possible. Fill your plastic cup with water and rinse the vinegar off of your shower walls.
Mix hydrogen peroxide and 80 to 90 gr (3 oz.) of baking soda into a paste.
Dip the electric toothbrush into the paste and scrub at the pink mould. This will remove any remnants of mould left behind from the vinegar wash. Fill your plastic cup with water and rinse the vinegar from your shower walls.
Squeegee off your wall. Let dry for 24 hours before using the shower.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for