Whirlpool makes a line of ranges and ovens for residential use, which have glass in the oven door. During normal use and maintenance, the door on a Whirlpool oven doesn't need to be removed. If the glass is broken and needs to be replaced, however, the door will need to be removed in order to perform the repair. To remove the door, you can use the shipping pins that came with the door and might still be taped to your operator's manual. If you no longer have the manual or the pins, a pair of Allen wrenches will work.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Two 3/16 inch Allen wrenches (or the shipping pins that came with the oven)
Open the oven door about half way.
Insert an Allen wrench into the open hole on each hinge.
Close the oven door as far as it will with the wrenches installed.
Lift the door straight up, and then tip it toward you. Pull the door hinges from the slots in the front frame of the oven.
Tips and warnings
- Leave the Allen wrenches or the pins inserted in the hinges until the door is reinstalled. Do not remove the pins while the door is off of the oven.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for