Hyaluronic acid is a nutrient made in the skin and found in certain foods. Many health spas use topical hyaluronic acid treatments to improve skin tone, texture and elasticity. When taken internally and externally hyaluronic acid helps to improve collagen production, which slows down the ageing process. As we age collagen and elastin in the skin become weaker and the skin starts to wrinkle. Hyaluronic acid is one way to slow down this process.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Root Vegetables
- Hyaluronic acid supplements
- Topical hyaluronic acid cream
Go to your local health food or grocery store to buy foods that are rich in hyaluronic acid. Buy green vegetables like kale, spinach, and root vegetables like sweet potato, satoimo potato, imoji, konyaku root, carrots and potato root. You may need to look online to find of some of these vegetables.
Eat your vegetables raw. To maintain hyaluronic acid in the body, eat your vegetables raw, even potatoes. Raw potatoes contain very high levels of hyaluronic acid. Cooking potatoes destroys this essential nutrient along with enzymes and some vitamins. If you must cook your potatoes because you prefer the taste of cooked food, be sure to at least snack on a few chunks of raw potatoes to enjoy the health benefits.
Go to your local health food store and buy hyaluronic acid supplements. Take 200 mg of hyaluronic acid supplements twice daily in addition to eating a diet rich in hyaluronic acid .
Buy topical hyaluronic acid online or at the health store. You can buy hyaluronic acid in gel or cream form. The company Hylunia makes pure hyaluronic acid that is often sold in exclusive spas. Check with spas in your area and see if they offer it for sale.
Rub hyaluronic acid cream on rough areas of your body like your knees and elbows. These areas are prone to damage and applying hyaluronic acid can help to retain moisture and reduce roughness. Also drink eight to ten glasses of pure water each day since hyaluronic acid works better if your body is fully hydrated. Water also carries waste away from your cells.
Eat Foods Rich in Hyluronic Acid
Tips and warnings
- If you have a hard time eating raw potatoes or other root vegetables try sprinkling some salt or olive oil on them for flavour. You will develop a taste for more raw foods as you eat them more often. You can also use herbs and spices to add flavour.
- If you have sensitive skin apply aloe vera gel to your face before applying hyaluronic acid cream or gel. Hyaluronic acid may sting for a few minutes. Apply it to your most wrinkle prone areas, like under your eyes, smile lines, and forehead.
- After using topical hyaluronic acid stay out of direct sun light for at least one hour. It can also be used at night before you go to bed.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for