Eczema is an inflammatory skin condition that causes itchy, tender skin. Bacterial infections are common and make symptoms worse. A bleach bath can kill the bacteria and help clear up an outbreak. It is safe for children and adults.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 1/2 cup of bleach
Put half a cup of bleach into a bathtub filled with warm water. Do not exceed this amount; it can cause excessive drying of the skin.
Remain in the bath for at least five minutes, but no longer than 10 minutes. Make sure all affected areas are covered with the water.
Dry skin completely and put on a thick layer of moisturiser. Avoid moisturisers with artificial fragrances and/or alcohol.
Tips and warnings
- If your skin is significantly dry or cracked, a bleach water bath might further aggravate your condition. Discuss this treatment with your doctor to determine if it is appropriate for your condition.
- Do not take a bleach bath more than two times a week. Using bleach baths more often can dry out the skin and cause excess irritation.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for