The PT Cruiser is a unique wagon introduced by Chrysler Corp. for the 2000 model year. The PT Cruiser was an instant hit for Chrysler; many consumers loved its retro styling and customisation options. Whether you are installing a replacement bumper cover due to damage, or looking for a custom style, this guide will help you get started.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Allen wrench set (hex wrench)
- Phillips head screwdriver
Turn the steering wheel all the way to the right to allow easier access to the driver's-side wheel well. Remove the wheel well trim and the screws mounting the bumper cover. Turn the steering wheel all the way to the left and repeat the process for the passenger's side.
Use the Allen wrench to remove the four screws underneath the front bumper cover. Keep the screws in a safe location, you may need them to reinstall the new bumper cover.
Start at the driver's side of the bumper cover and begin pulling the cover to pop out the clips. Work your way to the passenger's side. Be careful not to break the clips when you remove them from the mount. Remove the bumper cover and set aside.
Place the new bumper cover in place of the old one. If you are using a factory replacement, you may have to reuse the clips. If you are using an aftermarket bumper cover, pay attention to the specific package instructions. Some aftermarket bumper covers may require fitting or additional preparation first.
Replace the screws underneath the bumper cover and turn the steering wheel in each direction to replace the wheel well screws and panel.
Tips and warnings
- If you are using an aftermarket bumper, inquire about any additional preparation that may be required prior to installation. Some aftermarket bumpers are generic, rather than vehicle-specific, and may require cutting, drilling or fitting. It is best to avoid these kits whenever possible.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for