True to its name, instant brown rice reduces the time spent cooking rice. Regular brown rice takes twice as long as white rice to cook. But using instant brown rice in the microwave or on the hob makes brown rice a possibility for homemakers with limited time. More importantly, instant brown rice retains the nutrients that make brown rice healthy. You can either microwave or boil instant brown rice.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Instant brown rice
Put 1 cup of brown rice and 1 cup of water in a large microwave-safe bowl.
Insert the bowl into the microwave and microwave for seven minutes.
Check to see if the rice is done. Add more water or turn it on for longer, if the rice isn't done.
Let it cool for five minutes in the microwave. Remove, fluff, and serve.
Add 1 cup rice to 1 cup boiling water.
Cover with a lid and cook for seven minutes.
Remove from heat and let the rice absorb the water for five more minutes. Remove, season, fluff, and serve the rice.
Tips and warnings
- Wash the rice in water in a mesh strainer to reduce boil overs in the microwave.
- Add 3/4 cup water for each additional cup of rice. Add two minutes for the next cup of rice, but only one minute per cup after the second.
- Most instant rice have cooking directions on the back of the box.
- You can microwave regular brown rice by putting 1 cup of rice with 2 cups of water in a microwave safe bowl for about 20 minutes. Check half way through. Add more water, if needed.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for