For some people, purchasing a completed go kart off the lot of their local hobby shop isn't the challenging, hands-on experience they were in search of. Go kart kits not only provide you and your family with an entertaining way to spend time together, but they also allow you to create a more personalised and unique kart. Keep in mind that these are general directions for the assembly of a go kart body. In basic kits, the engine is not included and is something that must be purchased and assembled separately.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Socket set
Place the already assembled go kart frame from your kit on a flat, stable surface.
Attach the front spindles to the kart. Slide the spacer, which is included in a basic kit, into the spindle, and then slide the spindle into the frame. Attach the rod end to the rod arm on the spindle with the stud on the bottom. Put the washers and a nut on each rod end and tighten.
Slide the front wheels onto the spindles and tighten the nuts.
Attach the rectangular rubber cover to the top of the chain guard and the silver metal L bracket to the bottom side. Leave both of the bolts loose. Attach the chain guard to the frame, and use the other bolt to attach the frame mount above the axle.
Slide the rear wheels onto the rear axle. Make sure you put the chain around the wheel sprocket. Tighten both nuts.
With the front wheels straight, install the steering wheel and tighten the bolts.
Attach the top railing to the mainframe, but leave each bolt loose. Once all of the railings are on the unit, tighten all the bolts.
Tips and warnings
- As you unpack the kit, identify the inventory and group the kit's components according to their function and assembly step.
- When attaching the front spindles to the cart, the rod arm should be on the top side and facing forward.
- When sliding the rear wheels onto the axle, the wheel with the sprocket goes on the driver's side.
- When installing the steering wheel, make sure to use the lock washer first so that it is against the head of the bolt, then attach the flat washer.
- All go kart kits are different; always read the instruction manual before you begin assembly.
- Karts must be assembled and operated in accordance with government regulations.
- All riders must comply with state and federal laws regarding head, eye and body protection.
- All riders must be properly trained in, and fully knowledgeable of, all kart functions and safety operation procedures.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for