Brushed nickel fixtures are somewhat delicate when it comes to cleaning. They have often been coated with a special finish to protect them from damage; however, that coating is easily removed or damaged by harsh cleaners. Even so, there is an easy way to clean brushed nickel bathroom fixtures without damaging them.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Mix 1/2 cup of white vinegar with 1/2 cup of warm water.
Pour the vinegar mixture into a clean spray bottle.
Spray the vinegar mixture on to the brushed nickel bathroom fixtures.
Allow the mixture to sit for about 30 seconds.
Moisten a soft, clean cloth with warm water.
Wipe away the vinegar cleaning solution from the fixture, scrubbing as needed.
Rinse the cloth with clean water.
Wipe the fixtures down again to remove any remaining vinegar solution.
Dry the fixtures with a dry, soft cloth.
Tips and warnings
- If there is heavy scaling or dirt at the base of the fixture, saturate it with vinegar solution and let it sit two or three minutes before scrubbing.
- Don't let the fixtures air dry or they could end up with water spots.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for