The "Memory Stick" is the brand name of Sony's line of flash memory cards that store digital photos and other digital media for use in devices such as digital cameras, PlayStation Portables (PSP) and other devices. The Memory Stick Duo Adaptor is the adaptor designed specifically for the Memory Stick line and allows you to use the more compact Memory Stick Duo, PRO Duo and PRO-HG Duo in devices that can read only the Memory Stick, Sony's older flash memory card that is longer in length than the Duo, PRO Duo and PRO-HG Duo.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Memory Stick Duo Adaptor
- Memory Stick Duo, PRO Duo, or PRO-HG Duo flash memory card
- Any device that reads only Memory Stick Pro flash memory cards
Insert a Memory Stick Duo into the Memory Stick Duo Adaptor. Holding the Memory Stick Duo (or PRO Duo or PRO-HG Duo) by its edges, slide it face up into the U-shaped end of the Memory Stick Duo Adaptor. The Memory Stick Duo should fit all the way inside the adaptor so the back tip of the memory card aligns with the back tip of the adaptor.
Insert the Memory Stick Duo Adaptor into your device. Insert the adaptor, face up, into a device that reads only Memory Stick Pro memory cards, such as an older digital camera or memory card reader. Be sure that you insert the correct end of the adaptor, which is labelled with a Sony emblem, a left-pointing arrow and the word "Insert."
Eject the Memory Stick Duo Adaptor from the device when finished. When you have finished using the adaptor and want to remove it from the device, eject or manually remove the adaptor using the memory card ejection mechanism of the device you are using. Carefully slide the Memory Stick Duo Adaptor by grabbing the back end of the adaptor. Do not pull the adaptor out by pulling on the exposed back end of the memory stick.
Remove the Memory Stick Duo from the adaptor. Once you have removed the adaptor, you can remove the memory stick. Firmly grasp the exposed back end of the memory stick and slide it out of the adaptor. To avoid damaging the adaptor or the memory stick, store them in their original packaging or store them face up in a dust- and scratch-free environment.
Tips and warnings
- Newer devices typically do not require the use of a Memory Stick Duo Adaptor, as these devices are equipped to readily accept the smaller Memory Stick PRO Duo.
- Avoid touching or scratching the bottom of the Memory Stick Duo Adaptor and the Memory Stick Duo, as this area contains the components necessary to properly transfer and store data.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for