The health benefits of olive oil have been proclaimed for centuries. Olive oil is gaining increasing popularity as a beauty product as well. One of the beauty benefits of olive oil has to do with your hair. The best way to use olive oil on your hair is by making a conditioner with it. The process is simple, but the benefits are rewarding.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- Shower cap
Pour 1/2 cup of olive oil into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat it in the microwave for 20 seconds, or until warm.
Place a towel over your shoulders to protect clothing.
Put a small amount of olive oil in the palm of your hand and massage it into your hair. If you have a dry scalp, massage a small amount into the scalp, as well. If you have oily hair, massage it into your hair, but stay at least 1/2 inch from the scalp. Repeat the process of massaging small amounts at a time into the hair until the hair is entirely covered with olive oil.
Place your hair loosely on your head and cover it with a plastic shower cap.
Relax for at least 30 minutes while the olive oil is treating your hair.
Shampoo the olive oil out of your hair with a mild shampoo. Give a light condition with your usual conditioner. Rinse it out completely. You will see that the olive oil treatment makes you hair much softer and much more manageable, as well as gives it some added shine.
Tips and warnings
- If you have extra long hair, you will need to use a full cup of olive oil.
- When heating the olive oil, heat for no more than 20 seconds the first time. This will give you a chance to observe the strength of your microwave and the amount of time you will need to heat the oil so it is warm, but not too hot.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for